Home Decor

Lifestyle & Fashion

Classroom Blog

Liebster Award

I was nominated by one of my most supportive followers, Sarah from Mrs. B's First Grade for the Liebster Award. The things she is doing in her classroom are incredible! The award is a way for newer bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who have great content, to link up, meet other bloggers and share a little about themselves! Thank you so much Sarah for nominating me! Tina from Mrs. Peyerk's Porcupine Pals also nominated me this week. :) Her blog is too cute!


1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging only about 2 months ago and I am learning more and more each day! It has been such a rewarding experience for me as I reflect on my teaching practices. I have learned so much from other great teacher bloggers out there over the years. I have looked up to them in so many ways and I am grateful for their inspiration!  

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Happy. Sharing what I am doing in the classroom genuinely makes me happy. I enjoy spreading my joy and enthusiasm to all that enjoy working with kids as much as I do!

3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey that you wished you knew before?

Find opportunities to network and connect with other teachers, especially in your area.

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
I enjoy many things in life such as running, shopping, eating sweets, photography, spending time with my family and friends and well...sleeping. 

5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?

I tend to blog about once a week but I Instagram daily. This has been a good balance for me so far however, as summer approaches I may be spending more time blogging. 

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?

I love reading about how other teachers integrate guided math or math workshop into their classroom. This is a passion of mine as I hope to one day work with math curriculum specifically.

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Pictures that I take in the classroom, seasonal topics, my kids. I love blogging about it all!! 

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
Probably my first blog post Math Workshop 101 because I was so excited to share my success with math workshop and encourage others to give it a try. I also loved creating tools that I know other teachers could use to help their prep and planning. 

9. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

My favorite part about blogging is thinking about "the bigger picture." It helps me to thinking about not only what we are doing but why we are doing it. It is such a great tool for reflection! 

10. Which idea from a blog would you like to try the most?

I have yet to link up with another teacher about a blog post and I would love to give it a try!!


Now it is my turn to nominate inspiring teachers for the Liebster Award! I would like to nominate:
Molly from xoxokindergarten
Deborah from FirstGradeMenagerie
Melissa from Mrs.Dailey'sClassroom
Sherrie from TheTidyTeacherTales
To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you (the ones that I answered above.)
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below).


No comments

Search This Blog