Home Decor

Lifestyle & Fashion

Classroom Blog

Holiday Mantle Decor

 


The family room is the heart of our home so taking the time to make it feel extra cozy during the holiday season is a must! I've always dreamed of having a fireplace after growing up with one so it is very sentimental to me. I've layered in some neutral tones and added some wood to give it some warmth on the stone mantle. The mercury trees and candle sticks give it those holiday vibes without making it feel cluttered or busy.

I've been eyeing up some expensive garland but decided to save some money and layered the garland I had with another affordable option (see below). This gave it a new life while also giving it that expensive garland vibe. I've shared links to shop this mantle decor look. If you would like to see the tutorial for how I layered it, head to my Instagram. (Firstgrade_made) I have the tutorial saved to my highlights. 

If you make a purchase from one of these links, I earn a very small commission that helps support the blog.



You may notice that I have also introduced a navy velvet ribbon into the mix. I wanted to bridge the gap between my traditional decor and my holiday decor. These allows me to keep my decorative items up all year without it clashing with the holiday specific goods.


These stockings are also the perfect compliment! I found them on sale at Pottery Barn . They are quilted velvet, giving it that warm and cozy holiday touch.  The green stitching also ties to the greenery through out the home.


It's not photographed here but after putting up our tree, I noticed the garland could use some lights as well. I didn't want to have to keep plugging it in, running an extension cord or even seeing the cord for that matter that I decided to buy these battery operated LED lights. I used one for the full garland. Now it can be turned on with the click of a button and have different setting options. 




If you're looking for a tip on how to drape the garland on your mantle, command hooks work for those of you with a wood fireplace. Since our mantle is stone, the command hooks kept falling off! I actually needed to use command hooks *and* these 2 inch clamps (there are larger options if needed). The clamps gave it the additional support and the command hooks kept it in place. 




No comments

Search This Blog