Home Decor

Lifestyle & Fashion

Classroom Blog

Styling a Bar Cart or Console Table

 



Styling a bar cart or console table is one of my favorite areas in our home to decorate! I love the idea of having so much space to add small subtle details that can make a big impact. This space is different than an end table or coffee table because it won't have as much of a functional use for every day life, which makes it a little easier to incorporate special decorative accents. Since Jeff and I are just beginning to grow into our home, we are careful to leave a little extra space for us to add momentos from our future travels. 

In contrary to my classroom, our home is filled with lots of calming neutral tones. One of my favorite places to be is the beach, so the energy and vibe Jeff and I have choose to create is a the feeling that we are on a vacation in our own home. This feeling radiates through the many different combinations of natural textiles that we have paired together. Rattan is one of my favorite textures to style with. It has such a warm, comfortable and causal feeling.


 I have had my eye on the South Seas Side Cart from Serena and Lily for some time now, but couldn't justify pulling the trigger with so many home reno projects on the horizon. I felt like I won the jackpot when I found this knock-off at HomeSense. We eventually plan to use this space for a custom wet bar and dining built-in, but since it won't be a few years until we dive into that project, I needed something to fill the space. It was one-third the cost of the Serena and Lily piece and can hopefully be repurposed in our furnished attic space in the future. Although I can't find an exact match, I have shared some similar styles at all price points. You can find affiliate shopping links here! 




When styling the cart, there are some important tips to keep in mind! Add some fun coffee table books with a decorate accent in a fun shape to add depth. Think of the hues you are worth with and find items with different textures. Also, add a vase with fresh greens or flowers to give it some life and a bowl or tray. Last, add a mirror, frame and candle sticks to give it height variation. 

You can shop some of my favorite costal style decorative accents below. Click the link here for more information! 







3 comments

  1. Organic Fruits and Vegetables in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Noida. The word "organic" means the way farmers grow and process farming (agricultural) products.
    organic fruits and vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulprolls is one of the leading 80x80 80x70 7950 7925 POS Thermal Paper Toll Rolls Exporter in India. Visit our website for more information.
    80x80 80x70 7950 7925 POS Thermal Paper Toll Rolls Exporter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vietnam Eximp is a leading Import Export Trade Data provider for 100+ countries like usa, Russia, united kingdom, Singapore and more. For more information in details visit our website.
    Vietnam Import Export Data

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog