Home Decor

Lifestyle & Fashion

Classroom Blog

The Most Delicious Cinnamon Sugar Muffins!



I have quickly become the muffin WOman these days. It's been nice to sleep in during what would have normally been an hour or so commute for me. Nevertheless, Jeff and I have still been enjoying "a grab and go" breakfast- even when we're only on the go from one room to the next. It's easy enough if we have to hop on a call and creates little mess in the kitchen which seems to be impossible to keep up with these days. I can't even image what it's like for all you mama's out there!

I'll admit that sometimes I enjoy a good boxed muffin just as much as the rest of us, but it's fun to get into the kitchen and try a new recipe from time to time. I've baked muffins just about each week during the shelter in place orders and this one takes the cake by far!





Before you begin, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with baking spray. In a large bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and milk and mix it until combined well. 

Slowly add in the flour and baking powder.


You'll start to notice that the batter is pretty thick. When the muffins are baked, they are definitely denser and more like a bread. I find them to be more filling this way. I am no chef but I would image that you could add a little more milk to make it more for a true muffin consistency.


Fill the the muffin tins about 2/3rds the way full and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. While they are in the oven, stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and melt the remaining butter in a small bowl.

Once the muffins are ready, let them cool for 10 minutes. Dip the tops of the muffin in melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.



 





No comments

Search This Blog